Picking your wedding color theme is an essential step in the planning process. It affects most, if not all, of your decisions. Luckily, Spring is the season for so many beautiful color combinations! Pick one of our Spring color palettes that fit your style.
Your wedding color theme is an extension of your personal style. A well thought out color palette can make all the difference when creating a cohesive look for your wedding. Your color theme will define your wedding tone and touch each detail from the invitations to the flowers to wedding party attire. Once this decision has been made, everything will fall into place.
1. Venue: If you don’t have a color scheme in mind yet, search your venue. What colors are prominent at your reception space and its surroundings? The details of your venue should influence your color palette. Locations such as barns and tented receptions allow you greater latitude when choosing your wedding colors. For other types of venues that come decorated (hotels and country clubs), consider the colors that are currently in the space. Work with the space not against it.
2. Personal Style: This wedding should be a reflection of you both. First, determine your general aesthetic. Be sure to pick colors that work well together. Do you have a theme in mind? Bohemian, Granny Chic, Nautical are all wonderfully inspired themes. Consider a color palette that is universally flattering. You want everyone to look their best in your wedding photos, right?!
3. Seasonal Blooms: Some colors naturally lend themselves to certain times of the year. Selecting your color palette from seasonal flowers is a great option. Pastel or bright colors are typical for a spring celebration. Succulents, lilacs, roses, and gerberas are a great choice. The white and pastel tones in the lily, iris, and peony (my favorite!), are traditionally associated with spring weddings. Love mist, anemones, and scabiosa are quite popular.
4. Gather Inspiration: Magazines, Pinterest, and real weddings are all excellent resources for inspiration. Search by season, color, or style. Which ones are you drawn to? What colors evoke the atmosphere you are trying to create? Which colors speak to your story? To organize your ideas, start a wedding board in Pinterest or save magazine clippings in a binder.
5. Don’t Overthink things: You’ll have endless options to choose from, and it is easy to get overwhelmed. Start by gathering a few ideas, then put them aside and move on to another wedding task. Come back to your selections and edit. A fresh eye always helps! Be sure to use your color scheme as a guideline.
If you’ve chosen a Spring wedding date, you’ll have endless possibilities of fresh seasonal blooms to mix and match hues. Get inspired with our top 5 classic wedding color themes. Spring is the season for so many beautiful color combinations! Pick the one that fits your personality and style.
With so many decisions to make for your upcoming wedding, it’s no wonder you might be feeling a little overwhelmed. Where should I start? Well, can I give you a little bit of advice? Start with the venue. Locations book up quickly. And, you will most definitely want to have your wedding at the place you’ve been dreaming of.
I’d love to guide you through this paper journey. I promise we’ll have fun! To kick off your invitation experience, make sure you schedule a one-on-one consultation call with me.
Navigating the crazy world of wedding stationery can be very intimidating. Not sure when to send your invitations? How much postage will you need? What items do you need in your suite? Confused about your invitation suite wording?
You’re thinking, “Oh my! There is so much I don’t know!”
Grab our Complete Guide to Wedding Invitations to give you peace of mind knowing that everything is going according to plan.